The First Dorset Credit Union is owned and run by its members.
- There are 120 volunteers who run all aspects of the Credit Union from operating the Branches to being a director on the board.
- The Credit Union operates across North and West Dorset and Weymouth and Portland.
- Volunteers help with all aspects of the Credit Union from signing up new members to carrying out transactions.
- Volunteers also act as loan officers, assessing loan applications and interviewing loan applicants.
- They also act as members of the Credit and Supervisory Committees and the Board of Directors which govern the activities of First Dorset Credit Union.
If you would like to discuss the vital role the Volunteers undertake, just pop into the Portland Centre at any time and we will be happy to give more details.
You will be able to talk to our Volunteers who will also be happy to answer your questions and give you the 'real' feel of what being a Volunteer is.
If becoming a Credit Union Volunteer sounds quite overwhelming, the Portland Centre also has a lot of varied Volunteer roles, which you may prefer.
Whatever you would like to look into, just come and talk to us and we will help you decide the right path for you, which may turn out to be Volunteering with another group or organisation – there is no pressure.
For all and any information, just come and talk to us at the Portland Centre.