Tax Upon Death
There is a common saying 'There are only two certainties in life – Death and Taxes'.
Sadly this is true and Inheritance Tax is something we should all think about, before it is too late.
You will have to consult an Accountant, which will cost money, but will be necessary and hopefully worth it. However, the Portland Centre can help you sort out which questions you need to ask, saving you money by cutting down the amount of time you have to pay for.
We can give you advice and tips on:
- Inheritance tax planning and tax-free gifts
- Ways your inheritance can be given without paying tax
- How to avoid inheritance tax
- Advice on taking out insurance to deal with any Inheritance tax payments
- Equity release
- What the inheritance tax bill might amount to
- How much inheritance tax you will pay on your assets and gifts?
- We can explain what tax calculations the Accountant will do to work out what will have to be paid after your death
- Help you think about an Inheritance tax checklist
- Help you make a checklist to aid you what you need to remember before going to an Accountant who will calculate your inheritance tax bill.
If you want to save your loved ones a great deal of aggravation, worry and money when you can no longer here to help them, contact us or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, who will assist you.
It is our promise that although you may come into the Portland Centre feeling anxious or awkward about tackling these difficult decisions, you will receive care, empathy and support which will help you even after your first contact to feel so much better. You will have taken the most important first step to sorting out and dealing with any problems and quarrels that could arise, as they often do in the sad and challenging period of heightened emotion following the shock and grief of losing a much loved relative or friend.
If you want to find out more about tax, just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.