Social Fund Payments no longer exist but you can apply for a Budgeting Loan.
- A Budgeting Loan can be claimed to help pay for essential things like rent, furniture, clothes or hire purchase debts. The smallest amount you can borrow is £100.
- Budgeting Loans are interest-free so you only pay back what you borrow. You normally have to repay the loan within 104 weeks.
- You can apply for a loan if you’ve been getting income-related benefits for at least 26 weeks.
- Budgeting Loans won’t affect your other benefits.
All Benefits come with a number of 'conditions of eligibility'. To get independent help, information and advice, pop into the Portland Centre and we will be happy to run through all the conditions to make sure you never lose out through not knowing.
This is how the Portland Centre can help
At the Portland Centre our Support Worker can help you work out a Financial Plan which will make sure you are able to manage on your income.
We can also help you deal with any debts by :-
- Contacting your Creditors to ensure you can afford the repayments
- Setting up a PayPlan agreement which will administer repayments which leave you enough money to run your household
We can also help you set up a Credit Union Account which will help you to save small amounts and enable you to apply for small, low-cost loans to help you when things go wrong.
If you need help with making sure you get everything you are entitled to, just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.