"Free advice, information, support, guidance and counselling for Portlanders"

Tel: 01305 824333

Self Employed Tax Help

Once you have decided to become self employed, one of the key differences that you should be aware of is that the tax rules are quite different from those governing the taxation of employees. Unlike employees no tax or national insurance is collected from your earnings at source, so you must instead set aside part of your income towards the bills that you will receive. This is something that takes some getting used to but it is important if you wish to avoid an unwelcome surprise.

If you become self employed you will, of course need a good Accountant. However iyou may need to clarify what to expect and the problems you may have to think about. At the Portland Centre we can help you sort through all the red-tape you are going to encounter.

Tax help for the self employed at The Portland Centre

We can help with questions like these:

You will have to consult an Accountant, which will cost money, but it will be necessary and hopefully worth it. The Portland Centre can help you sort out which questions you need to ask, saving you money by cutting down the amount of time you have to pay for.

Here are some other Self-Employed Tax topics you should consider:

It is our promise that you even if the questions listed above look overwhelming, when you seek help at the Portland Centre, will find Specialists who can offer information and tips on what you need to know before seeing your Accountant . Just remember his time is your money!

You will may be excited, a little nervous or even anxious about this new project, but even after your first contact you will feel so much better because you will have taken the most important step to sorting out your tax inquiry.

What next?

If you want to find out more about tax, just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.