Your lender has to follow certain steps to ensure that your home is repossessed only as a last option.
The Portland Centre's Expert Debt Specialist Team will help you understand what your lender must do before taking action to repossess your home. We will:
- Explain the pre-action protocol
- We will help you understand what the Lender must notify you about before repossessing
- We will try to negotiate a repayment agreement before the strict time schedule expires
- We will investigate if there are any benefits which you could claim to ease you financial burdens
- We will check that your insurance is still valid
The Portland Centre's Expert Debt Specialist Team will help you if you wish to make a complaint about your lender to the Financial Ombudsman Service, by helping you decide whether your lender has treated you unfairly.
However you should know a few facts about how your Lender can continue to push for a repossession even if you want to make a complaint. The Portland Centre will help you by:
- Explaining the pre-action protocol
- Explain the time limits
- Provide you with advice about your case
- Explain the actions your Lenders may take
If you choose to sell your home, the Portland Centre will help you to:
- Negotiate acceptable and reasonable steps to sell which your Lender must agree to
- Help you to follow the agreed steps
- Keep your Lender informed about your progress
- Deal with a '5 day notice' from the Lender
We can help and advise you on 'Buy to Rent' Schemes
- Make sure you understand the terms and repercussions
- Help you check if you are eligible for Housing Benefits
- Help you decide if the price you have been offered is fair
If you are worried about Repossession – we have a clear fact sheet which we will be happy to give you.
It is our pledge that you will come into the Portland Centre feeling terrible, but even after your first contact you will feel so much better because you have taken the first step to ending the misery and eventually becoming completely debt free.
If you need help coping with your debts or just money in general, just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.