Prepaid Visa Card
The First Dorset Credit Union offers a Pre-paid Visa Card. To apply for a card, just pop into the Portland Centre and we will be very happy to help you apply for this useful, low-cost tool.
- A prepaid card is a pre-funded payment card
- Cardholders ‘load’ money onto the card, which can then be used to buy goods and services, or withdraw from ATMs, in the same way as a debit card
- Prepaid cards do not have an overdraft facility
- The Credit Union Prepaid Card is a Visa prepaid card, offering full functionality including cashback at point-of-sale
- Unlike other prepaid cards it is designed exclusively for credit unions and their members and is offered through ABCUL, a not-for-profit trade association
- This means the costs are lower, the charging structure is clearer, the processes are simpler, and the future evolution of the product will always reflect the priorities of credit
Whether you are a Member yet or not, just pop into the Portland Centre and we will be happy to help you with:
- Any question you may have
- Help you join if necessary
- Help you set up your Pre-paid Card
- Make sure all the arrangements go through, smoothly
The Portland Centre is always available to help you, just contact us or pop in and the Portland Centre Staff will help you with any problems, related or unrelated to the Credit Union.
If you want to find out more about the credit union, just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.