Mortgage and Rent Arrears
It can be very difficult to take action when you are worried sick, so the Portland Centre can help you. Our expert financial and Debt Specialists will guide you through to a debt-free future.
Let our Experts and Support Workers support you through your journey towards your peace of mind.
If You Are Struggling With Your Mortgage
- Your Mortgage Lender will be keen to talk it over with you. We will assist you to make the most important phone call
- We will negotiate on your behalf to work out a new agreement
- We will help you check that your Insurance which covers your mortgage is still valid
- We will check your income and outgoings to reduce any surplus waste (Gym subscriptions etc.)
- We will help you to look at your spending patterns for food etc to see if there is any ways you can save money
- We will investigate whether you are entitled to any Benefits ; Charitable donations or Government assistance
- We will assist you to keep your home, but if selling your property is your very last resort, we will help you to come to terms with it and assist you to make all the arrangements
If you cannot pay your rent, the Portland Centre Support Workers and Financial Experts will help you throughout your journey to become debt free.
- We will help you get your head 'out of the sand!'
- We will negotiate with your Landlord as soon as possible
- We will help you pinpoint what has gone wrong – is it a change of circumstances or a budgeting problems, cut in benefits
- We will support you to find the strength to take the key steps which will put you back in control of your life
- We will help you avoid eviction and repossession
- Our financial and debt team will help you get a handle on your income and outgoings
- We will help you look for any financial 'waste' which could give you more money
- We will construct a Financial Plan and set up Payplan agreements which will administer payments of your debts and make sure you have enough cash to keep your household going
- We will discuss money saving tips
- We will check your income to see if you are eligible for benefit top-ups
- We will help you apply to the Council for a Discretionary House Payment
- If you are being threatened with Eviction we will make sure your Rights are being upheld and do everything we can to negotiate a solution on your behalf
You will come into the Portland Centre feeling terrible, but even after your first contact you will feel so much better because you have taken the first step to ending the misery and eventually becoming completely debt free.
If you need help coping with your debts or just money in general, just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.