Payable to employees who satisfy continuous employment and earnings conditions
May be paid to people who have had a baby but can not claim Statutory Maternity Pay.
When you take time off to have a baby you might be eligible for:
- Statutory Maternity Leave
- Statutory Maternity Pay
- Paid time off for antenatal care
- Extra help from the government
- There are rules on when and how to claim your paid leave and if you want to change your dates.
At the Portland Centre we can access a Statutory Maternity Pay and Statutory Maternity Leave Calculator, to give you an idea of the amount of pay and leave you may be eligible to claim.
- Maternity Allowance is usually paid to you if you don’t qualify for Statutory Maternity Pay
- You could get either £136.78 a week or 90% of your average weekly earnings (whichever is lower). It’s paid for up to 39 weeks
- You can claim Maternity Allowance as soon as you’ve been pregnant for 26 weeks. Payments can start 11 weeks before your baby is due
Any Benefit you receive may affect other benefits you receive
This Is How The Portland Centre Can Help You
If you think you are not getting the right amount of Maternity Pay, a Portland Centre Support Worker will help you by:
- Checking your entitlement
- Helping you speak to your Employer
- Assisting you with telephone calls, letters and applications
All Benefits come with a number of 'conditions of eligibility'. To get independent help, information and advice, pop into the Portland Centre and we will be happy to run through all the conditions to make sure you never loose out through not knowing.
If you need help with making sure you get everything you are entitled to, just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.