It is important that you make sure you get all the help you are entitled to.
The Portland Centre will give you independent help with all your benefit questions.
- To qualify for JSA you must show that you are available for and actively seeking work and you must have a current Job seekers agreement with the Job Centre
- Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) is at least £56.80 a week to help you while you look for work
- How much you get depends on your circumstances and the type of JSA you qualify for
- To qualify for JSA you usually have to be 18 or over (but below State Pension age) and are able and available for work
- When you apply for JSA, you must go to an interview to complete your claim
- To keep getting JSA you must go to a Jobcentre office (usually every 2 weeks or when asked) to show how you’ve been searching for a job. This is known as ‘signing on’
This is how the Portland Centre can help
All Benefits come with a number of 'conditions of eligibility'. To get independent help, information and advice, pop into the Portland Centre and we will be happy to run through all the conditions to make sure you never lose out through not knowing.
Also, Portland Centre Staff will assist you with your Jobsearches, C.V. and application forms.
If you need help with making sure you get everything you are entitled to, just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.