"Free advice, information, support, guidance and counselling for Portlanders"

Tel: 01305 824333

Housing Benefit

You could get Housing Benefit to help you pay your rent if you’re on a low income. Housing Benefit can pay for part or all of your rent. How much you get depends on your income and circumstances.

Help with Council Tax Payments

You can apply for Housing Benefit whether you’re unemployed or working. You may also be able to get help with your rent if your benefits stop.

Housing Benefit can’t be paid for heating, hot water, energy or food - if you need help, come and talk to us to see what else you might be entitled to.

You may get help with all or part of your rent. There’s no set amount of Housing Benefit. How much you get depends on:

This Is How The Portland Centre Can Help You

At the Portland Centre we will help you find the answers to these questions and help you find out if you’re eligible and apply for Housing Benefit.

All Benefits come with a number of 'conditions of eligibility'. To get independent help, information and advice, pop into the Portland Centre and we will be happy to run through all the conditions to make sure you never loose out through not knowing.

What next?

If you need help with making sure you get everything you are entitled to, just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.