Employed Tax Help
At the Portland Centre we offer specialist Tax and Benefit Advice for people in work.
Our Advisor will help you find the answers to the following questions:
- How much of your salary should you be paying in tax
- Have you been placed on an Emergency tax code and want to know how to reclaim your overpayment
- Are you a Student who is working during the Summer break and paying tax
- What tax must you pay:
- If you have more than one job, we will help to work out how many hours you actually work and you tax responsibility
- What about if you work less than 16 hours a week?
- What about if you work more than 16 hours a week?
- Working Tax Credit
- Who can get Working Tax Credit
- Your income and Working Tax Credits
- How much Working Tax Credit will you get
- Rates of Working Tax Credit
- How to apply for Working Tax Credit
- Getting Working Tax credit backdated
- Checks on Working Tax Credit, change of circumstances and fraud
- How is Working Tax Credit paid
- How long will you receive Working Tax Credit
- Problems with Working Tax Credit
- Information about tax credits in other languages and formats
- Other help when you get Working Tax Credit
- Help when you start work
- Help with rent and Council Tax when you start work
- Help with mortgage interest when you start work
- Help for parents when you start work
- Return to Work Credit after a period of ill-health
- Who can get Return to Work Credit
- How to apply for Return to Work Credit
- How is Return to Work Credit paid
If you want to find out more about tax, just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.