You can no longer apply for a Crisis Loan.
However if you owe money on a loan after 1 April 2013, you must keep repaying it as agreed when you got it.
Crisis Loan Reviews
You can ask for a previous Crisis Loan decision to be reviewed if you applied before 31 March 2013.
You must write to Jobcentre Plus within 28 days of the decision, explaining why you think it was wrong.
If you still think the decision was wrong you can ask for a further, independent review by a Social Fund Inspector. This review should take no longer than 21 working days.
This is how the Portland Centre can help
- Our Support Workers will help you write the letter to comprehensively state your case
- If you are declined, we will help you apply from a further review, and accompany you to any Tribunials or meetings to help you state your case.
- At the Portland Centre our Support Worker can help you work out a Financial Plan which will make sure you are able to manage on your income.
We can also help you deal with any debts by :-
- Contacting your Creditors to ensure you can afford the repayments
- Setting up a PayPlan agreement which will administer repayments which leave you enough money to run your household
We can also help you set up a Credit Union Account which will help you to save small amounts and enable you to apply for small, low-cost loans to help you when things go wrong.
All Benefits come with a number of 'conditions of eligibility'. To get independent help, information and advice, pop into the Portland Centre and we will be happy to run through all the conditions to make sure you never loose out through not knowing.
If you need help with making sure you get everything you are entitled to, just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.