Child Tax Credit
Child Tax Credit is a means tested benefit paid to anyone responsible for a child.
You could get Child Tax Credit for each child you’re responsible for if they’re:
- Under 16
- Under 20 and in approved education or training
- How much you get depends on your circumstances and the type of JSA you qualify for
- You don’t need to be working to claim Child Tax Credit
- You get money for each child that qualifies and Child Tax Credit won’t affect your Child Benefit
- How much you get depends on your circumstances
- Only 1 household can get Child Tax Credit for a child
What You Will Get
You could get a basic amount and extra (known as ‘elements’) on top of this.
How much you get depends on things like your income and circumstances (eg if your child is disabled).
The basic amount is up to £545 a year.
This is how the Portland Centre can help
All Benefits come with a number of 'conditions of eligibility'. To get independent help, information and advice, pop into the Portland Centre and we will be happy to run through all the conditions to make sure you never lose out through not knowing.
We can access a Child Tax Calculator, to give you an idea of the amount you may be eligible to claim.
If you need help with making sure you get everything you are entitled to, just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.