Saving is a good habit to start early in life!
- Children and Young people up to the age of 18 years can have a Young Persons Account
- Often Parents start these accounts for their Children
- Sometimes Children and Young people open an account for themselves
- The Children's account is a saving account which help your child save some of their pocket money, to save for something they really want – what a great way to teach them that everything has to be saved for.
- Sometimes family members save on behalf of the loved children to make sure they can afford:
- School Fees
- That School Trip
- Ballet or Tai Kwundo lessons (perhaps)
- Driving lessons and a car when they are 18
- College or University tuition
- A deposit for their own property
- The great news is that The Credit Union pays a competitive annual dividend on the Young People's account, helping their savings to grow.
If you wish to open an account for your child, just pop into the Portland Centre, any Tuesday morning and the Credit Union Volunteer Tellers will be happy to help you. Or, contact us at the Portland Centre for a special arrangement if Tuesday mornings are not convenient to you.
If you want to find out more about the credit union, just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.