Bankruptcy is a court order that you can apply for if you are in debt.
Someone you owe money to can also apply to make you bankrupt even if you don't want this.
Bankruptcy might not be your only option and it might not be the best one for you.
The Portland Centre can help you if you are considering Bankruptcy by:
- Helping you understand the pro's and con's of bankruptcy
- Helping you understand other options
- Outlining the disadvantages of being a Bankrupt
- Explaining why it will cost £700, which you probably do not have
- Explaining the advantages of going bankrupt
- Explaining how you go Bankrupt
- Help you decide which Court is the most convenient
- Discuss Court fees and costs
- Help you complete the relevant forms
- Help you understand what swearing an affidavit means
- Help you understand what happens when a bankruptcy order is made
- Giving you information on when the order will expire
- Explain how you credit rating will be affected
If you are considering Bankruptcy – we have a clear fact sheet which we will be happy to give you.
It is our pledge that you will come into the Portland Centre feeling terrible, but even after your first contact you will feel so much better because you have taken the first step to ending the misery and eventually becoming completely debt free.
If you need help coping with your debts or just money in general, just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.