Violence and abuse should never be tolerated and although victims often find it hard to seek help, our experienced team will support you.
At the Portland Centre we have links with various organisations working locally and throughout the county, together with the best legal advisors who will help you regain control of your life.
Portland Centre Staff will:
- Unconditionally believe you
- Hear your needs and discuss your options
- Consult specialist advisors
- Assist you to find the best legal advice
- Offer on-going support
- Help you make a safety plan
- Support you and your family throughout your journey towards peace and safety
If you choose to leave your abusive partner, you may have to consider legal action for your own safety and the safety of you children. Portland Centre Staff will:
- Help you find a Solicitor
- Attend all appointments with you, if required
- Help you with all Court Procedures
If you choose to stay in your home, with or without your partner, you may need legal help to:
- Get a Court Order in an attempt to stop the violence
- Get an Injunction / Stay Away Order
If you have a domestic abuse problem which you need help with, just call us on 01305 824333 or e-mail us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre staff member to receive immediate assistance.