At the Portland Centre, we welcome everyone and their partners, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, creed or colour, and all varieties from nervous new transgender people to those who are experienced and confident in their second gender.
Changing your gender is obviously a big decision and you may feel very anxious and confused.
You may be the parent or sibling of someone who wishes to change their gender.
We can offer help and information or seek specialist help for people who are transgender, Transexual or those who cannot identify with the gender they were assigned at birth, or those who simply are unsure.
Our Support Workers can help you deal with the issues you are facing.
This is how we can help you:
- Offer a listening ear, with caring support and information for anyone with any question or problem concerning their gender identity, or whose loved one is struggling with gender identity issues
- We can talk over your fears, doubts, worries and hopes to get them straight in your mind
- We will try to relieve the mental and emotional stress of all persons who affected by Gender Dysphoria related to Transgenderism
- We will help you protect your mental health
- We will try to reduce the stress and isolation you may be currently experiencing
- We will seek specialist advice
- If you need extra support, we will accompany you to meetings and appointments
- We will continue to support you throughout the journey to regain control of your life
Just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.