As a disabled person, you have rights to protect you from discrimination. These rights cover most areas including:
- Dealing with the police
The Equality Act 2010 and the United Nations (UN) Convention on disability rights help to enforce, protect and promote your rights.
At the Portland Centre we can help you understand and maintain your rights.
- We hold comprehensive information on all of the above categories
- We can put you in touch with your local County and Borough Councillors who will take up your cause for you
- We can arrange contact with your M.P. And M.E.P.
- We can arrange an appointment to see our Legal Advisor
- We will support you by attending meeting and appointments with you
- We will help you fill in forms or write letters
- We will support you throughout the journey to regain your peace of mind
Just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.
- Everything you tell us is confidential
- We always will be discreet and only call you at pre-arranged times
- We will never judge you or any member of your family
- We will never push you to take steps you are not ready for
- We will find as much specialist help and information for you as possible