Post Adoption Support
When you adopt a child you will need on-going support.
Although you will receive excellent post adoption support from your Social Worker, we can also help you by talking over the adjustments you all have to make, in the beginning of your new life – sometimes things you might worry about raising with your Social Worker.
At the Portland Centre we can provide information and support you to concerning:
- Post-adoption networks
- Post-Adoption Support offered by the County Council
- Help adopted Adults find information and answers concerning their Birth Parents and reasons for the adoption
- Mediation services
- 'First Contact' following the guidance of your Social workers
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) adopters
- Children and Young People access the Social Services newsletters, support groups, annual picnics and Christmas parties, and children's groups
- Enabling children and young people to access Social Service support to understand 'why they are adopted'
- Understanding your adopted child
Social Services will provide excellent on-going support, but sometimes we all need extra help, that's where the Portland Centre will help you.
If you or any member of your family need help with these issues, just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.