Inter Country Adoption
There are many high-profile examples of celebrities adopting children for other countries. It is not as easy a process as they make it seem.
The laws on adopting a child from abroad are very strict and it can be an offence to adopt a child from abroad without being assessed and approved in the UK first.
There is a great deal of excellent information, waiting for you to help you navigate the process.
At the Portland Centre, we hold complete information governing the process of adopting a Child from abroad and our Support Workers can help you make decisions concerning this serious step.
It can seem overwhelming but we can help you make contact with the relevant Social Services Department who will happily help and support you.
However, at the Portland Centre we can also help you in various ways:
- We will help you unravel the various information and documents
- We can accompany you to meetings to discuss the best way forward
- We will discuss the options that are open to you
- We can help you discuss your wishes with your parents, siblings etc. and help them understand why you want to do this and what their relationship will be with your child when you become a complete family
- We can help you with the forms
- We will help you prepare for the 'At Home' visit
- We can attend Court Hearings with you
- We can help you with any Inheritance changes that may need to be made to your will
Social Services will provide excellent on-going support, but sometimes we all need extra help, that where the Portland Centre will help you.
If you or any member of your family need help with these decisions and the process, just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.