Weymouth and Portland has a Dog Warden.
At the Portland Centre we will contact the Dog Warden on your behalf, if you wish to report a problem relating to dogs, which is affecting your life or neighbourhood and which you feel worried about reporting.
The Dog Warden will deal with various problems, situations and responsibilities:
- Seizure and safe retention of stray dogs until claimed or re-homed
- Investigation of complaints about dogs and dog attacks
- Enforcement of the Dog Control Orders
- Micro-chipping of dogs and cats
- Management of the Council Dog Tag Registration Scheme
- Inspection of boarding kennels and catteries
- Provision of free advice on responsible dog ownership
- Educational visits to schools
If you need help with any of these issues, come into the Portland Centre and we will help you deal with anything that is worrying you.
- Have you been reported to the Dog warden and you feel it is unfair?
- Have you received a dog related fine by post and need clarification to find out why?
- You will receive expert help at the Portland Centre who will challenge unfounded complaints against you and / or your pet.
- Do you think there should be more dog poop bins?
- Do you think there should be more secure sites for dog exercise?
- Portland Centre staff will help you write letters and / or make contact with the Dog Warden and /or your Borough Councilors
Just call us on 01305 824333 or e-mail us using our contact or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.