If you have Mortgage Arrears your Mortgage Lender will want you to clear them as soon as possible. If you do not do this, they will take legal action involving the Courts to get you evicted from your home. This will allow them to sell your property and use the proceeds to pay off your debt.
However if your Lender understands that you are doing everything can to reduce the debt, they may allow you some time to sort the problem out.
Depending on your circumstances there are a number of things you can do, but you must act quickly.
Contact the Portland Centre, immediately.
Cut down your monthly mortgage costs
You will need to be able to keep up with your repayments as well as make extra payments to decrease the arrears.
If your financial problems are only short term, you could try to negotiate with your Mortgage Lender to see if they will agree to cut down your repayments for a limited time.
Increasing your income
If you have Mortgage Arrears you could try to find ways to increase your income to help deal with these and other debts.
Make a deal with your mortgage lender
Decide what you want to do and make contact. You will need help with this – Contact the Portland Centre for assistance.
Write a letter to your lender
At the Portland Centre we will help you write all letters.
This is how the Portland Centre can help:
- A Portland Centre staff member will listen to you and discuss your options
- We will offer you our independent, free guide to home owners mortgage arrears guide, which is very informative and easy to read
- We will seek specialist advice
- We will write letters on your behalf
- We will negotiate with all you Creditors and your Lender
- We will accompany you to meetings and appointments with appropriate specialists
- We will attend court/tribunal hearings with you
- We will continue to support you throughout your journey until it has been resolved
- We will not judge you
- Everything you tell us will be confidential
- We will seek your permission before we seek assistance from Specialist Advisors
If you a home owner who is worried about mortgage arrears and desperately need help, just call us on 01305 824333 or e-mail us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre staff member to receive immediate assistance and access our free, independent 'Care Home' guide, which includes a checklist of what you should be looking for in a Care Home.