The Local Authority Home Choice Scheme works in partnership with Housing associations to provide and allocate suitable housing to people in need of housing.
There is a very high demand for Social Housing, which inevitably means there are going to be problems meeting everyone's housing needs.
At the Portland Centre we can help you find your new home by:
- Helping you register on-line
- Helping you with a weekly website search
- Helping you bid for suitable properties
- Helping you fill in the relevant forms
- Providing advice on how to save the First/Last and Security Deposit
However, we have found Clients contact the Portland Centre for help because they:
- Are unable to register
- Disagree with their banding assessment
- Need help to make a weekly bid
- Never seem to be successful
This is how the Portland Centre can help you
- A Portland Centre staff member will listen to your needs and discuss your options
- If necessary we will seek specialist housing advice
- We will accompany you to meetings and appointments
- Our Debt Advisor will work with you to create a Financial statement to help you deal with rent arrears
If you need help, information or advice on any matter including Housing Association in our area, just call us on 01305 824333 or e-mail us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre staff member to receive immediate assistance and access our free, independent 'Care Home' guide, which includes a checklist of what you should be looking for in a Care Home.