If you are a Home Owner who is:
- Facing eviction
- Facing repossession
- In receipt of an eviction notice
- Awaiting a court date
- Suffering from an aggressive lender
- In arrears
The Portland Centre we will provide you:
- Actual assistance
- Practical support
When you first contact the Portland Centre, a worker will:
- Listen to you and discuss what you hope to achieve
- We will ask you what stage you are at to help establish the urgency of your situation
- Received an Eviction Notice
- This “notice of eviction” or “eviction notice” will give the time and date that the Bailiffs will attend your property
- The Bailiffs contact details will also be given on the eviction notice
- Nonetheless, it is never too late! Talk to us at the Portland Centre
- Received an Eviction Order Pending
- Your Lender may have informed you that they are going to apply to the court for an eviction
- At this stage - you need to contact the Portland Centre - now!
- Received a Suspended Possession Order
- Without strong advice, assistance and support (i.e., a robust defence) you are likely to end up with a “suspended possession order which contains a “financial arrangement” which will be unaffordable.
- Don’t hesitate. Get help without delay. Contact the Portland Centre
- Received a Court Hearing Date for Repossession
- If your Lender has threatened Court action or has secured a Court hearing date, you are clearly facing what is commonly known as ‘Repossession’.
- You are now at risk of losing your home. Contact us at The Portland Centre for immediate help
- Mortgage Arrears
- Mortgage Arrears arise from missing your contractual monthly mortgage payments.
- If you are in arrears you need to seek repossession help and advice as soon as possible – contact the Portland Centre – today!
- Received a Financial Arrangement
- This is so often when things go wrong, Lenders do not want Homeowners to take a long time in paying off their arrears
- Seek advice immediately - the sooner action is taken the better – contact the Portland Centre for immediate assistance
This is how the Portland Centre can help:
- A Portland Centre staff member will listen to you and discuss your options
- We will offer you our independent, free guide to home owners eviction guide, which is very informative and easy to read
- We will seek specialist advice
- We will write letters on your behalf
- We will negotiate with all you Creditors and your Lender
- We will accompany you to meetings and appointments with appropriate specialists
- We will attend court/tribunal hearings with you
- We will continue to support you throughout your journey until it has been resolved
- We will not judge you
- Everything you tell us will be confidential
- We will seek your permission before we seek assistance from Specialist Advisors
If you a home owner who is worried about eviction and desperately need help, just call us on 01305 824333 or e-mail us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre staff member to receive immediate assistance and access our free, independent 'Care Home' guide, which includes a checklist of what you should be looking for in a Care Home.