Are you a tennant worried about eviction for rent arrears?
- Are you struggling to pay your rent?
- Do you need help to sort out where all your money if going?
- Are you worried about being evicted?
- Have you received a 'Seeking Possession' notice?
- Are you terrified you will lose your children?
- Are you angry and think this is unfair?
- Do you believe your Landlord/Managing Agent has a hidden agenda?
- Is your Landlord/Managing Agent using tactics' to get you out?
- Have you been wrongfully accused of being a terrible tenant/neighbour?
- Are you worried about your deposit?
At the Portland Centre we can help you in a number of ways:
- We can help you understand what is happening and explain what a 'Seeking Possession' notice means
- We will check that you are receiving all the income/benefits that you are entitled to
- We will help you make a Financial plan which will deal with all your living expenses and debts
- We will help you set up a Pay Plan account which will administer payments to all your Creditors, including your Landlord
- We will make sure you have enough to live on and feed yourself and/or your family
- We will negotiate with your Creditors and your Landlord or the Manageing Agent
- We will make sure your Landlord follows procedures which will be fair and honest
- We will intercede on your behalf if you have received a written notice and try to negotiate a way for you to stay in your home
- If your Landlord continues to take proceedings against you, we will help find specialist help
- We will help you understand the process and assist you in Court if you are required to attend for Rent Arrears
- We will explain what a 'Possession Order' means and what will happen next
- We will advise you on your rights if your Landlord has a 'Warrant of Possession' against you which will allow a bailiff to come to your home to evict you
- We will advise you and help you understand what your position is if you live in the same property as your Landlord
- If you are a private tenant, you might also need help with an Assured shorthold tenancies and rent arrears
This is how the Portland Centre can help:
- A Portland Centre staff member will listen to you and discuss your options
- We will seek specialist advice
- We will write letters on your behalf
- We will negotiate with all you Creditors and your Landlord
- We will accompany you to meetings and appointments with appropriate specialists
- We will attend court/tribunal hearings with you
- We will continue to support you throughout your journey until it has been resolved
- We will not judge you
- Everything you tell us will be confidential
- We will seek your permission before we seek assistance from Specialist Advisors
If you a tennant who is worried about eviction and desperately need help, just call us on 01305 824333 or e-mail us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre staff member to receive immediate assistance and access our free, independent 'Care Home' guide, which includes a checklist of what you should be looking for in a Care Home.