Are you in a rut?
Do you think your working life could be more challenging?
Come and talk to us.
At the Portland Centre we have been helping people for 18 years to find fulfilment in their employment and ways to access training.
This is how the Portland Centre can help
- Our staff will discuss your skills and experience with you and help you see the value of not only your working experiences but also your life experience, all of which is relevant
- More importantly we ask you about your ambitions; aspirations and dreams. We will help you to look in various directions and discuss pathways to achieve your goals
- We will support and help you to find the right training that will make your dream come true
- We will assist you with all forms and administration which will lead to your new life
- If you wish, we will accompany you to meetings with training providers to discuss your future
- Most importantly, we will help you to seriously consider new possibilities that may initially seem, far beyond your capabilities and current skills and support you to see almost anything is possible with courage, hard work and determination
Career Development Case Study
John was fed up – he was in a dead end job, working in a factory. He wanted to move in with his girlfriend but they could not afford it, so he decided to do something about it. He came to the Portland Centre. We talked to him about his dream job – he wanted to work in an office, but had no skills.
We researched relevant courses which he could undertake whilst working and earning a living. Very soon he had IT, Maths and English qualifications and was ready to search for the perfect job. We helped him with his search, his CV and applications. He now works in Weymouth as an Administrator and has a lovely flat with his wife and baby.
If you are looking for a fresh start, just call us on 01305 824333 or email us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre Staff member, to receive immediate assistance.