If you are thinking about leaving your abusive partner, or have recently separated, you may be worried about how you can support yourself, and your children if you have any with you. You may have had to give up your job – perhaps because you have had to move to a different area, or because you were afraid your abuser would contact you there. You may find you have to rely on state welfare benefits for the first time in your life. Or perhaps your abuser kept control of the finances and you may never have been allowed to have any money of your own before, so you are concerned about how you will manage.
If you or someone you know needs more information or help, come to the Portland Centre, where you will find genuine support to sustain you whilst you regain control of your life.
This is how we can help you
- A Portland Centre staff member will listen to your problem and discuss your options
- We will seek specialist advice
- We will help you claim all the benefits you are entitled to
- If you need extra support, we will accompany you to appointments to sort out your finances
- We will help you sort out any debt problems
- We will continue to support you throughout the journey to regain control of your life
Just call us on 01305 824333 or e-mail us using our contact form or pop in to see a Portland Centre staff member to receive immediate assistance.